22 September 2008

Letter to my Congressman and Senators

Following is the letter (e-mail) I sent to my senators and congressman.
_______________________________________________________________________

Dear __________,

I'm writing to encourage you to oppose the federal "bail out" of several irresponsible investment houses, banks and insurance companies.

It is shocking to me that I'm writing you because the proposed intervention sounds more like something that would happen in the former Soviet Union than in the American republic.

Please oppose this governmental power grab which would interfere with our precious free enterprise system.

Americans have seen the failure of authoritarian centralized decision-making and control in the former Soviet Union, and we want none of that over here.

Thank you,

No comments: